Traffic stop ends in drug arrest for Albany man
ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) — An Albany man was arrested for alleged drug possession after being pulled over on Saturday. Gene Lacy, 28, faces multiple charges.
On January 7, around 7:15 p.m., Albany County Sheriff’s deputies pulled over a gold Acura TL for vehicle and traffic violations. Deputies say after identifying Lacy and interviewing him, they found him to be in possession of a quantity of crack cocaine.
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance
- Second-degree criminally using drug paraphernalia
- Third-degree aggravated unlicensed operator of a motor vehicle
- Vehicle and traffic violations
Lacy was arrested and held at the Albany County Correctional Facility as a prearrangement detaining. Lacy is set to be arraigned in Albany City Criminal Court on Sunday.