Sunmark employees donate $14k to local charities
LATHAM, N.Y. (NEWS10) — More than 180 Sunmark Credit Union employees contributed a combined $14,000 to local charities in 2022 through the credit union’s employee donation program, “Make your mark for charity.” This annual program was a component of Sunmark’s 85th anniversary “make your mark” campaign—which donated a total of more than $85,000 to local charities and non-profits in 2022.
Organizations were selected based on the results of a staff-wide survey circulated at the beginning of 2022 in which 10 nonprofits were chosen. Each of the 10 nonprofits was assigned a month, with the remaining two allocated to a holiday giving program and the National Credit Unions 4 Kids organization.
This voluntary contribution program allows employees, who wish to participate, the option of a bi-weekly donation.
Charities included in 2022:
- Things of My Very Own
- Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
- Our Community Cares
- Special Olympics New York
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Capital Area
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Capital Region
- Matthew 25 Pantry
- Bernard & Millie Duker Children’s Hospital at Albany Medical Center
- Alliance for Safe Kids
- Veterans and Community Housing Coalition
- Sunmark Adopt a Family Program for Safe Inc. of Schenectady
Funds received through the program are either given as a monetary donation or used to purchase supplies or other “wish list” items requested from the organization. Additionally, the Sunmark Charitable Community Foundation supports the recipients through other events that correlate with the charity for that month.