BRUNSWICK, N.Y. (NEWS10) — A household hazardous waste disposal event is set for August 27 at Brunswick Town Hall. Residents of Brunswick, Sand Lake, Troy, and Bethlehem can participate in this event.
The event allows residents to safely dispose of hazardous materials not accepted through normal garbage collection service. Electronics, tires, or shredding will not be accepted.
Advanced registration is required. Residents must visit their participating municipality’s website to register. Residents without access to the internet can contact their community’s municipal liaison:
- Acetone, adhesives, aerosols, aerosol Cans, antifreeze, asbestos, auto body repair products
- Batteries, battery acid, brake fluid, transmission fluid
- Ammonia and solvent-based cleaners
- Contact cement, driveway sealer, dry cleaning solvent, floorcare products
- Fertilizer, fiberglass epoxy, fire extinguisher
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Gasoline and other fuels
- Ink, insect Spray, lighter fluid, mothballs, nail polish, nail polish remover
- Pesticides, photographic chemicals, pool cleaners, propane tanks, rat poison
- Resins, shoe polish, spot remover, stump remover, weed killer, wood preservative
Business owners wanting to dispose of hazardous waste can set up an appointment in advance with the vendor. There will be fees associated with the disposal of these materials. To arrange an appointment and be connected with the vendor, you can contact the correct municipal liaison.